Monday, July 23, 2007

The Advantages of Hiring a Wedding Planner

I did not hire a wedding planner when I got married.

I should have.

It would have made my life a lot easier.

Yes, I made it through the event. The wedding happened and it was… well, a wedding.

Best of all, I married a wonderful man and had all my family and friends around to help us celebrate. But it could have been much better with the assistance of a wedding planner / coordinator / consultant / designer (yes, there are subtle differences, but for the most part the terms are interchangeable) it could have been much more memorable.

Now that I have worked in the industry for more than a few years I would not need their services as much as I did the first time, but I would still seriously think about employing a wedding planner. The reasons are multiple, but here are the main reasons:

  • Ideas: An experienced wedding planner offers you the one thing no bride (except a serial bride) has – experience. Even an unimaginative one has been involved with enough weddings and seen enough to have ideas that you have probably never thought of. Besides, most wedding planners get into the wedding planning business because they love weddings. They love to dream of new and imaginative ways to stage a wedding. This reason alone could help you break the cookie cutter wedding mold and avoid the common mistakes that turn an otherwise elegant affair into a tacky event.
  • Knowledge of Resources: A good coordinator has the experience to know what constitutes a good price and is poor price on each particular discipline that are commonly used for weddings. Likewise they know where ...

Read more of The Advantages of Hiring a Wedding Planner



No comments:

Post a Comment