Monday, October 6, 2008

Honeymoon Activities

The weather is turning cold... making it a perfect time to plan your honeymoon - to somewhere warm.

I recently returned from recharging my batteries on the islands. There is nothing like it. Can I say the Hawaiian islands are a romantic place to honeymoon? Or is that redundant? Frankly, anywhere you go with the love of your life can be romantic, but there is something special about Hawaii.

And there are so many Hawaiian honeymoon activities possible!

I could be happy just sitting on the beach with a good book... The warmth of the moist ocean air caressing me in a light breeze. My husband nearby (getting restless - he doesn't sit well). That alone is enough for me, but...

On our first day we discovered that our next door neighbors (the condo adjacent to ours) were honeymooners. They were so cute - and so in love. She was quiet but oh so sweet. He gregarious - never met a stranger. They were from New York and had never been anywhere so open - they were out to experience it all!

They went on an ATV trip into the back country of the island. They hired an airplane to buzz Kilauea and get some awesome pictures looking down into the spew of lava. Of course they went to a luau (an absolute must). They talked of taking an inter-island cruise to get on the ground on more of the islands. Mai tais at sunset, exploring the open air markets, dining on the deck with the waves lapping the shore twenty feet away.

We went on a snorkeling trip with them. I'll write about that next.

No comments:

Post a Comment