Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Creating a Memorable Wedding Celebration

Gina and David (not their real names) had a traditional Catholic wedding. That was important to them. But they also wanted a way to create a memorable wedding celebration.

They succeeded - big time.

You see, I was a guest in that wedding. I sat in the congregation and watched all of the pageantry of their tradition with the interest of a friend to whom their tradition meant little.

To this day I remember very little of the traditional part of their ceremony. I couldn't tell you what the priest looked like or what exactly he wore. I don’t know if the church was full or empty. I don't remember the wedding favors or the wedding cake topper. I remember a beautiful dress on a gorgeous bride standing next to her tall, dark, husband-to-be in his tuxedo as essentially the same nuptial ceremony I had seen in every wedding droned on.

I do remember, though, this one thing they did to set their wedding apart from every other wedding: They had taken the time to...

Continue reading, "Creating a Memorable Wedding Celebration"

No comments:

Post a Comment